White House and Google cancelled all Sin City Conferences, making Las Vegas feel the impact of Corona Virus Outbreak

White House and Google cancelled all Sin City Conferences, making Las Vegas feel the impact of Corona Virus Outbreak

Home » Blog » Gaming Business » White House and Google cancelled all Sin City Conferences, making Las Vegas feel the impact of Corona Virus Outbreak

Las Vegas is feeling the impact of COVID-19 outbreak, as this one of the largest American convention destination is facing conference cancellations by White House and Google, which were due to be held in March to be held in the Sin City.

The Las Vegas Convention Business is being badly affected by Corona Virus Outbreak, though Nevada has no known cases yet.

It is reported by the Trump Administration Officials on Friday that the ASEAN summit, scheduled to be held on March 14th in Las Vegas, has been cancelled because of the latest Corona Virus outbreak and the imposed restrictions on travelling.

The White House did not confirm the participation of President Trump in the summit. President Trump did not attend this summit in last two years when it was held outside the US. The leader of the host nation needs to attend the summit. Several of the ASEAN nations have documented cases of Corona Virus.

President Trump reported that the US has 15 cases of Corona virus.

President said to reports prior to bordering Marine One to fly to South Carolina for a Campaign rally,” And a lot of that is because we called it early.”

We-we were- we made a decision very early to close up our borders to certain areas of the world and we did that. And so we are hopefully getting lower from that number, but let us see what happens into the future.

It is reported by the Television Station KTNV, Las Vegas that Google based in California decided to cancel their internal sales and marketing conference, which was to be held in March. Their one staff at Zurich contacted the Corona Virus.

Are you leaving Las Vegas?

Governor Steve Sisolak convened a group of locals, state, federal, and tribal officials on Friday in Las Vegas to be prepared for a possible COVID-19 outbreak in Nevada. Though there is not a single case of Respiratory Illness in this Silver State till now.

Las Vegas has Convention business as a big business. 6.64 million visitors visited the city last year for Meetings and Conferences last year, as per the available data from Las Vegas Conventions and Visitors Authority. March was the fifth busiest month of the year for convention business in 2019.

The news of the ASEAN and Google cancellations came as some operators were boosting their available conference space. Caesars Entertainment Corporation is expected to open the Caesar Forum Conference Center in March. It is a 550,000 square foot venue for which the company has already booked $100 million worth of business and 240,000 guest nights.

There is also this concern of this COVID-19 outbreak could affect the Vegas hosting 2020 NFL Draft. It is scheduled for April on the strip. Sisolak said that his officials are working with the LVCVA regarding the specific events.

The Governor said,” I want to assure all of you that we will continue sharing information and working with our members of Congress and US Senators to ensure that Nevadan remain safe and protected as the situation develops”.

Lots of Cancellations

The $2.5 trillion global conference industry has lost sizable business by more than 30 major meetings cancellations since the COVID-19 epidemic started in this world.

Game Developers Conference or GDC is postponing its marquee annual event for the video game industry, as it is reported on Friday. It was originally scheduled to be held from March 16 to March 20 in San Francisco.

The organizers said in a statement issued on Friday that “As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at GDC”.

For this reason, we fully intend to host a GDC event later in the summer. We will be working with our partners to finalize the details and will share more information about our plans in the coming weeks.

The Geneva Motor Show has also been cancelled. Some European auto makers, such as BMW, Daimler and Porsche are forced to unveil their new models in digital fashion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WoodenWand
© Copyright 2020 WoodenWand